We are pleased to announce that Watr Protocol has won Parachain Auction #27.
What does this mean?
Watr Protocol is now officially connected to the Polkadot Network, an ecosystem of more than 120 interoperable blockchains with over 500,000 users.
Watr is the Digital Commons for a new class of ethical commodities that include carbon credits, agriculture, metals, minerals and energy.
It is a common digital home built to house an ecosystem of independent, but interoperable, blockchain ventures. Together, they service tokenization, provenance, ESG visibility, compliance, identity, financing and trading of commodities with transparent ethics and sustainability labeling.
Watr is a public blockchain protocol; designed for both retail and enterprise use cases. You can read more about that here.
Where do we go from here?
- Testnet Live on Rococo: In the next days our testnet will be live on the Rococo network, Polkadot’s public testnet, with support for ink! smart contracts. Here teams will be able to start engaging with the Watr Protocol and test their dApps with support for real transactions.
- EVM support on Testnet: In October we will add EVM support to our testnet, allowing developers to use their existing Solidity skills to deploy to Watr, or easily port their apps.
- Greenpaper: Q4 will also bring our greenpaper, which will contain detailed information about Watr Protocol’s technical specifications.
- Mainnet Launch: In January we’re launching Watr Protocol’s Mainnet, and with it the first use cases for the protocol.
- Token Launch: Along with Mainnet Launch, we will release WATR, a utility token whose main use will be to pay for gas, with more use cases to be announced soon.
This will be an exciting year for the Watr Protocol, so stay tuned and follow us on Telegram, Twitter and Discord. For more information please visit watr.org or contact: email@example.com.